3 – 6 Professional Development Hours
An increasingly important people and practice management skill, this practical course will help participants to understand the benefits of good performance management, such as better business results, higher staff retention and morale, and compliance with both financial services regulatory requirements and employment laws.
Suitable for HR and Practice Managers, Business Owners and Line/Team Managers.
- Implementing or improving performance management – tips and traps
- Developing performance objectives that link to the business plan
- The importance of behavioural objectives
- The appraisal interview
- Developing skills in giving constructive feedback
- Counselling for poor performance
- Monitoring the performance plan
- Legal implications of performance management
- A full day course to maximise learning
- Opportunities to practice the skills learnt
- Interactive workshop to enhance understanding
- Learning from the experiences of other participants
- Practical forms and templates to use in the workplace