The ASIC Tier 2 Accreditation programme is a nationally recognised qualification under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
This course is aimed at existing general insurance and broking staff wishing to attain Tier 2 Accreditation in general insurance products, in particular junior brokers or assistant brokers / broker support staff attending to retail client insurance needs. It is also suitable for underwriting agency staff.
Students are assumed to have existing knowledge and skills relating to the industry sector and insurance operations and as such must have completed a comprehensive induction programme and have at least 3 months insurance sector work experience. Prospective students who do not meet these criteria should contact Gold Seal for guidance prior to enrolment.
Delivery and Assessment
Gold Seal’s Tier 2 programme is offered via either a distance education or workshop based programme. A phone and email tutorial support service is available for both individuals and small groups.
A Statement of Attainment will be issued to the student once they have been assessed and competency has been demonstrated.
- Distance Education Programme – the distance education programme consists of one module. Completion of the module includes workplace-based assessment activities which will be submitted to Gold Seal.
- Workshop-Based Programme – the workshop-based programme consists of pre-course work, a one-day interactive workshop and a workplace-based assessment. This is available through publicly advertised courses and can also be run in-house.
Successful completion of this module will satisfy the accreditation requirements for ASIC Tier 2 accreditation. The module covers the principles, knowledge, skills and compliance requirements for providing advice to retail clients. The assessment provides students opportunities to explore the application of the skills and knowledge in their workplace and to demonstrate their skills and knowledge through a combination of multiple choice, short answer and scenario questions, a case study and observation by their manager / team leader.
Units of competency FNSASIC301C and FNSASIC302, together with relevant product knowledge will satisfy the accreditation requirements for an ASIC Tier 2 Adviser. Topics include:
- General Insurance products. The various general insurance products and those general insurance products offered at a Tier 2 level are discussed as well as appropriate sales and marketing techniques.
- Analysing and determining client needs. Introduces the techniques and skills required to establish a client relationship, and identify client needs, objectives and financial situation. How to analyse this information is also covered.
- Developing and presenting client solutions. Matching the needs of the client with the relevant products and how this information should be presented to the client for discussion. Presentation and negotiation skills principles are also included.
- Implementing solutions. Processes and skills involved in implementing the agreed client solutions. Documentation and ongoing service arrangements are also discussed.
Programme fees are currently:
- Distance education – $600.00 (no GST)
- Workshop – $880.00 for public courses (no GST)